Cliché or not, the New Year makes me feel all fuzzy inside. It’s a fresh start, yes, everyday is a fresh start but we all know the New Year is just…different. I have been planning for my 2017 takeover since the summer time and I could not be more elated for this year of possibilities. It will never be the right time to go for your dreams so you should start…today! Right now, nothing can kill my vibe, I’m in tunnel vision mode. I’ve found that sectioning my goals in to quarters helps with accomplishing them. So each quarter (every 3 months) I focus on a few goals. Here are some I’d like to share with you:
- Skincare and Beauty: Finding the perfect skincare and beauty regime is never easy but it is really important to me this year. While I’ve never had horrible skin, I am far from “skin” goals. I tested a few beauty products like Estée Lauder, La Mer, Dior and Kiehl’s. What I’ve found is that I love each product for different skin purposes. I will be sharing my new skincare regime soon, stay tuned!
- World Traveler: 2017 is the year of travel. I’ll be taking a trip each month, maybe a few depending on if my schedule permits. I have so many trips lined up for this year. I’m excited to travel with the love of my life and expand my blog brand through everlasting experiences. Secret alert: I will be in Aruba for my birthday in March. (YAY!!!) 🙂
- Financial Freedom: Debt-free in 2017 hunny! Saving, saving, saving is the main goal for me this year. My boyfriend and I are saving for a house, traveling, and investments which means I will be spending SMART. If I don’t love it, I won’t buy it. Trust me it isn’t easy but when I look at my credit score it all seems worth it. Nothing is more important then financial freedom. I always feel like there is a huge cloud glooming down on my life when I owe someone money.
- Build My Brands: My first investment had been made, yay!!! My planning company is currently in the works, being designed by one of my favorite digital graphic designers. She is bringing my baby to life and I can not stop thinking about it. I find myself checking my emails everyday, hoping to see something new created. OH YEAH, I’m going after all my dreams. Yup, all in one year. Why not?!
- Making Connections: Surprisingly I’m shy. I don’t like being the center of attention, even before I began my blog, I never really posted pictures of my daily outfits. I’d get so many compliments on how I’d style my looks, questions about where I shop, and never thought twice about sharing my love for fashion with the world. Well that ‘s sort of how my entire life has been. I shy away from networking events and parties in the city, simply because I’ve been afraid to put myself out there. I rather stay at home, watch movies, cook or plan. But this year I’m jumping out there, my face will be known, in the right way of course.
What are your goals for the New Year?