Hi guys! I wanted to share a few books that I’m reading or have read in the past. Over the past year I been reading a lot more. Confession: the last time I can remember actually reading a book was the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Pretty sad right? With so many books on the market, it can be difficult to figure out which to invest in. Oftentimes I find myself roaming through the aisles of Barnes & Noble looking for a new read. Reading is actually therapeutic for me – it’s a calming feeling to relax and get lost in a book.
A Blast From The Past + Some New School Reads:
- The Alchemist: This isn’t a best-seller for any reason. Although this book debuted a while ago, it still remains one of my top choices for a good read. I highly recommend reading it. It truly reminds you that happiness lies within finding yourself. Just a great take away for life.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: Wow, I can’t believe I read this in junior high. My dad introduced this book to me a long time ago during one of our many car ride convos that I had a love-hate relationship for. But I seemingly took his advice and read it. Best decision ever! This awesome read taught me how to not only be rich but think rich – there’s a difference you see!
- Capture Your Style: As a new blogger it was important for me to do my research. I never like to go into anything blinded. After seeing this book on my timeline for quite sometime, I finally bought it. I figured it would finally be useful and indeed it was. It talks about creating your own style through different outlets, capturing your audiences attention through imagery, and designing a dreamy feed for viewers. Besides, there’s no better time to enhance my style then now.
- Love, Style, Life: Seems like I can’t get enough of blogger books? This was another pretty book that scrolled across my feed a few times. But it’s more than just the perfect flatlay book. Garance gives so many good tips about the fashion industry and her own personal story about how she ‘made it.’
- Black Privilege: Last but certainly not least – I can not wait until I get this in the mail. You may have heard of this book on the radio, written by Charlemagne The God. It hasn’t been out for over 2 weeks and people are already raving about it. The cover stood out to me the most, ‘opportunities come to those who create it.’ Who’s reading this one with me?
Wearing: Kate Spade Pajamas