Can you believe it? It’s almost summer, well at least in my mind. I’m gearing up for some well needed vacations, brunch parties, BBQ’s and beach time. I’m a planner by nature so my summer is already jam packed with things to do. Today, I’m sharing some things I’m looking forward to this summer. Of course, if you ever have feedback or suggestions, please share – or join in on the fun!
1. Houston, TX – It’s been so long since I’ve seen my family in Houston so I jumped at the opportunity to visit. Southern food and friendly people melt my heart when I’m there. So happy to catch up with my girl cousins, shop, and eat!
2. Infinity Ovation Summer Cruise – Although this isn’t until September, Cortez surprised me with tickets for our anniversary last month. I was so excited because we were supposed to go last year, but didn’t get around to it. If you’re from Detroit, you should definitely check out the Summer Cruise experience. Tickets are $105 – including an evening of Motown Music (our choice), premium open bar, dinner and beautiful scenery of the Detroit and Windsor skylines. They have cruises beginning June 8th. Can’t wait to share more about this!
3. Partnerships – I set a goal for myself after the Create & Cultivate NYC conference to partner with at least one brand this summer.
4. Brunch Dates – The only way to spend my Saturday’s is eating brunch at someone’s restaurant. Most definitely my favorite meal of the day.
5. The Beach – While I am still planning where I’m going to go, spending much needed time on the beach is top on my list.
6. Wedding Bells – This summer my aunt is getting married in Buffalo, NY (my mom’s birth city). I just realized that my travel list is growing at a rapid pace. Wow, I’m totally did not know I’d be out of town this much in the summer.
7. Detroit Vibes – With all the wonderful things happening in my city, I can’t wait to indulge in the festivities. First up, riding the Q-Line!
8. New Eats in the City – There are a ton of new restaurants popping up in the city. More than I can keep up with so I’m setting aside some time to try them all this summer. Some of my favs are Savannah Blue, The Block and Dime Store.
9. Photography – As my blog grows, I want to see my progress. This summer I’m working closely with my photographer to pick up on some tips to enhance my skills.
10. Annual Family Picnic – Every year my family has a reunion picnic at Lower Huron Park. No matter has many years pass, I still get excited to see family.
What are you looking forward to this summer?