Happy Holiday weekend guys! I don’t know about you but I’m ready for this 3-day weekend. We headed Downtown for some pre-summer fun today. With the Q-Line launched, new restaurants, and festivals happening, there’s so much to do in Detroit. Here are a few of my favorite things to do in the city:
- It’s FINALLY here – the Q-Line has launched in Detroit. The Woodward Avenue street car is the perfect source of transportation to see some of the cities coolest scenery. A single ride (3 hours) is $1.50, all-day pass is $3, monthly pass is $30 and an annual pass is $285. If you work, live, or love downtown be sure to catch a ride. Download the app for updates. If you’re visiting or a Detroit native, check it out.
- It’s the Motor City baby! All the best festivals are happening this summer. Click the link to stay updated on what’s going on this summer.
- Last summer my boyfriend and I went bike riding with the Slow Roll every Monday (almost) – The Dequindre Cut is also a popular bike riding area. Speaking of bikes, Detroit just launched our first bike share system – 43 bike stations! Talk about the cool ish that’s happens in the city guys.
- Are you like me when it comes to food? I love checking out new restaurants in the city. They’re literally popping up everywhere. Spend some time this summer exploring the good eats of Detroit.
- Did someone say shopping? OMG! Retail stores are heading downtown and I must say I’m excited. New on the block: Under Armor, Bird Bee, NIKE, Kit and Ace, and Detroit is the New Black just to name a few.
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I define my style. Considering I dress for either the weather, my mood, or the occasion – it’s always evolving. This look is easy to recreate; it’s simple and chill for a weekend BBQ, shopping or brunch. It’s no surprise that I love so many different styles. I can be girly, edgy or boho chic – all of which define my style.