Hello, there! This year has been MAJOR – I really can’t describe how amazing it has been. There’s been so so many high points. So many life-changing, bucket-list moments that would have felt like a dream a year ago.
One thing I found that I actually set my goals for the first time and focused on them all. I had more of an action plan this year and it truly shows. I’m a ‘goal oriented’ person but this year stands out the most.
I thought I’d sum up some of the biggest moments this year.
01. We got engaged! Of course, I was completely shocked and surprised but what blew my mind even more was that it was in Paris! It was pretty special, and everything felt magical.
02. Our trip to Mexico. I’ve never been to Mexico before. It was a trip we took to celebrate my birthday and although all things didn’t go as planned (was supposed to go to Aruba) it was so relaxing. I remember our days spent by the turquoise waves and our evening dinner on the beach (had a feeling he was going to propose that nice, but nope!) It was my happy place!
03. A New York mini-trip for the Create & Cultivate Conference. There’s nothing more empowering than sitting around, having conversation with women who inspire you. All the panelists dropped so many gems on investing in yourself, collaborating with other women & eliminating self-doubt (I’m going to C&C LA next).
04. Visiting Florida again was something I really next to recharge and revive. I love Florida’s people and weather — night strolls by the beach was the best part about visiting each time.
05. Working being more kind was another personal goal of mine, and I realize today, how much I am committed to being the best version of myself. I think being kind leaves the sweetest impression upon people and can really brighten someone’s day.I changed my attitude this year, I became more relaxed, more thankful for what I have, more patient and way more understanding. I took time to appreciate the little things in life & celebrate the small accomplishments.
06. Seeing the Grand Canyon was another incredible experience that I’m glad I got to do this year. We were on a plane to California and the pilot announced we were over the Canyon. What a memory!
07. Finding my place in the blogging world — I’m not exactly where I want to be but I’m so far from where I’ve come. It’s been so therapeutic & inspiring to connect with some phenomenal women. I never put myself in a box because I’m always willing to grow and learn. I worked extremely hard on my aesthetic, feed & photography, I’m pleased!
08. Paris! This was definitely a pinch me moment, in April I crossed my ultimate bucket-list must do. And it was just as beautiful as I imagined. It was incredible experiencing the French culture for the first time. It’s my favorite place on earth, next to my bed.
09. I started working on the website & branding for my stationery company. I know, this is crazy news because I haven’t talked about it much — I probably shouldn’t even be mentioning it this soon.
10. Finishing my first semester of graduate school was refreshing. It was my plan to take a year off to travel, work, find my purpose. I did just that and got right back to work. Balancing school and life presented it’s challenges, however, I made it through.
Not a bad year, all in all! I feel like I’ve become more myself, very unapologetic and living in my truth, who can argue with that!